Directions to the Church
Link to Google Maps showing our location.
- By private vehicle:
- From I-270: Take the Montrose Road exit (westbound). Take Montrose Road west to the first traffic light. Turn left (south) on Seven Locks Road. St. James' is one-half mile south on Seven Locks on the left-hand side.
- From Tuckerman Lane: Take Seven Locks Road north from Cabin John Shopping Center. The church is 0.7 miles north of Tuckerman on the right side.
- Park in front or in the large lot behind the church. Parking is free.
- By public transportation:
- Montgomery County Ride-On bus route 47 travels on Seven Locks Road and passes in front of St. James'. The closest stop to the church on this route is on Seven Locks Road right by the church driveway, north of Fontaine St (Stop ID: 8754). Route 47 connects to the Metro at Rockville Metro Station and at Bethesda Metro Station. Travel time from Rockville Station to the church is approximately 12 minutes. Travel time from Bethesda Station is approximately 30 minutes.
- Montgomery County Ride-On bus route 38 travels on Seven Locks Road between Montrose Road and Postoak Road, and connects to the Metro at Wheaton Station and at White Flint Station. The closest stop to the church on this route is at Postoak Rd & Smoketree Rd (Stop ID: 5020). From this stop, walk east on Postoak Rd and then south on Seven Locks Rd about 1000 feet (five-minute walk). Travel time from White Flint Station to this stop is approximately 15 minutes.
- Montgomery County Ride-On bus route 37 travels on Tuckerman Lane between Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station and Falls Road, crossing Seven Locks Road on the way. This route operates on weekdays only. The closest stop to the church on this route is at Tuckerman Lane & Angus Place in front of Cabin John Shopping Center (Stop ID: 6502). From this stop, walk west on Tuckerman Lane and then north on Seven Locks Rd about 4500 feet (fifteen-minute walk). The shopping center is on the corner of Tuckerman Lane and Seven Locks Road, and you can save some steps by walking through the shopping center's parking lot to get to Seven Locks Road. If the timing is right, you can catch the #47 bus going north on Seven Locks Road at a stop on the Seven Locks Road side of the shopping center and get off at the end of our driveway. Route 37 connects with the Metro at Grosvenor-Strathmore Station; travel time from Grosvenor-Strathmore Station to stop 6502 is approximately ten minutes.
- Ride-On bus route maps and schedules are available on the Ride-On website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/tsvtmpl.asp?url=/content/dot/transit/index.asp
Our buildings have ramps and disability-accessible doors.
Photos of the buildings and grounds